This weekend is the CANADA DAY long weekend! Woo woo woo! So let’s celebrate the way only Canadians can!
- Wear all your plaid flannel and pretend you enjoy sleeping on the ground out in the true north, strong and free. That’s what I’ll be doing. I love waking up with sore bones! CANADA!
- Go axe throwing like a lumberjack. Or an axe murderer. Then watch So I Married an Axe Murderer starring one of my personal favourite Canadian comedians, Mike Myers.
- Get frostbite. Ok it might be a little late for this one, and also we’re
not in the right climate. But if you’re truly committed, there are ways.
- Say “sorry” when someone aggressively rams you on the street. So damn apologetic! Sorry for swearing.
- Crack an ice cold beer and play (street) hockey.
- High five your indigenous friends and say “wow, are we ever fortunate to be able to enjoy this place we call Canada together!”
- Eat some ketchup and all-dressed chips and a box of Smarties, and wash it all down with a (gross) double-double from Timmy’s. Mmmmm…All-Dressed, BABY!
- Celebrate John A. MacDonald being taken off our ten dollar bill and replaced with the much more deserving Viola Desmond. Hooray for progress!
- Celebrate your own cultural upbringing because Canada is a beautiful mosaic of people 🙂
- Pay for everything in loonies and toonies this weekend. People will love that.
Now enjoy this cheeky, completely stereotype-free video on how to be Canadian.
HAPPY CANADA DAY!