Happy Thursday! Well, there isn’t really any point in me reminding you that it’s Jeans Day tomorrow since only the fanciest of you are already wearing jeans. So for the foreseeable future, the I’ve come up with an innovative idea…
Tuxedos and gowns? Sure. Or maybe you’ll just brush your teeth and take a shower. Maybe you’ll put on button-up pants and decide you have to stop doing so much stress baking. Maybe you’ll shave your face or strap your bosoms back into boob jail. Just make it a little ”fancy” and keep those pinkies up when you chug your coffee/tea. 🙂
I’ve had a lot of time to sit alone with nothing but my own brain, pondering these delightful thoughts:
Things to look forward to after The Great Isolation:
- Seeing each other again in person!
- Discovering everyone’s REAL hair colours. (Gulp)
- Seeing the new beards and moustaches at work.
- A reason to bathe daily.
- High fives & hugs.
- Cleaner air.
- A better, more compassionate world (hopefully that sticks).
Things to enjoy in the meantime:
- No commute – WOW.
- Elastic waist pants! Slippers!
- Time with your pets 🙂
- So many video chats! Anyone else?
- Opportunity to saturate in quality time with the people you live with, OR
- Opportunity to be a nudist if you live alone.
- The silence and stillness, and noticing the little things.
- Creating new routines that will get you through the days/weeks.
- The compassion and kindness of people that is SHINING right now!
- Low gas prices – $0.999?! How many Tupperwares can I fill with gas before I look crazy?
Anyway, there are a lot of things that we can enjoy in our current circumstances. The work landscape is looking very different for everyone right now.
(C lives in some kind of prism-shaped Hobbit house, while my ”office” is well protected from The Virus)
(Ms.”Tenderheart” looks sweet, but she’ll take you down!)
No one else wanted to share their current work attire for some reason….
…. Give it another week.
We’re so adaptable! Good work team. And a special round of applause to everyone still working, holding down operations like CHAMPIONS! Thank you. 🙂